17 Jan 2015
In the weekend of January 17 and 18 the first book fair of the new year will take place at the Stedelijk, with a special selection of art books from the exhibition On The Move: Storytelling in Contemporary Photography and Graphic Design. The whole weekend the largest exhibition area in the Stedelijk Museum will be filled with publishers presenting their most recent publications.
- Lower Gallery & exhibition galleries On the Move
- 12 - 6 pm
- English and Dutch
- Entrance fee to the Stedelijk Museum
Although the digitalization of culture and society may suggest otherwise, the book continues to be a vital medium for artists to collect and show their work. Though the Internet provides a platform for ignition and sharing, the process of analysing and discussing is better achieved through the physical object of a publication', according to the art collective Werker Magazine (Marc Roig Blesa & Rogier Delfos).
At the Stedelijk’s book fair, the idea of the book as an object lives on with a selection of leading publishers presenting their most important current publications for sale.
The participating publishers include: ABC Artists Books Cooperative|Alauda Publications|de Appel arts centre|Casco – Office for Art, Design and Theory|De Cult Club (ArtKitchen Gallery en Galerie A)|Elisabeth Tonnard/Joachim Schmid|EYEMAZING Editions|Fw:Books|Idea Books|International Foundation Manifesta|Johan Deumens Gallery|Kunstverein Amsterdam|Lecturis|Onomatopee|Paradox & YdocFoundation|Post Editions|Roma Publications|San Serriffe|Simulacrum|Sonic Acts|SPBH Editions|Stedelijk Publicaties|The Eriskay Connection|Uitgeverij de Buitenkant|Valiz|Walther König|Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art
- 12.00 pm: Book Fair opens
- 12.30 – 12.45 pm: Interview Andrea Stultiens + signing at the Paradox & YdocFoundation booth. Location: Room 8
- 1.00 – 1.15 pm: Interview Petra Stavast & Hans Gremmen + signing at the Fw:Books and Roma Publications booth. Location: Room 8
- 1.30 – 1.45 pm: Interview Kadir van Lohuizen + speed tour and signing at the Paradox & YdocFoundation booth. Location: Room 8
- 2.00 – 2.15 pm: Interview Samira Ben Laloua (Club Donny). Location: Room 8
- 2.30 – 2.45 pm: Interview Verena Blok. Location: Room 8
- 3.00 – 4.00 pm: Bookpresentation Ringel Goslinga + speed tour and signing at the Lecturis booth. Location: Room 8
- 4.15 – 4.30 pm: Interview Hans van der Meer + signing at the Paradox & YdocFoundation booth. Location: Room 8
- 6.00 pm: Museum closes
The program takes place in the lower-level gallery in the new wing of the museum.