Exhibition — 2 Jul until 2 Aug 2014
The Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam and cultural foundation De Verdieping, present the series Trouw Invites..., three exhibitions in the basement of TrouwAmsterdam. The first exhibition is by art institution Palais de Tokyo (Paris), with an installation of artist Fouad Bouchoucha.
- Opening event: €10,- (students: €5,-). Free entrance between 5:30 and 10:00pm
- Trouw - De Verdieping
- Visitors can visit the exhibition Trouw Invites... for free between 5.30 pm and 10 pm. Between 11:00 pm and 03.00 am, the exhibition will only be accessible to visitors of the club or restaurant.
During the first edition of Trouw Invites… we’ll welcome the art institution Palais de Tokyo (Paris). Curator Rebecca Lamarche-Vadel has invited the artist Fouad Bouchoucha to represent the themes of transiency and temporality in De Hal. The monumental space will serve as the stage for this unique collaboration in an environment where visual art and club culture confront each other head-on.
Fouad Bouchoucha (1981, Marseille, France) will create a new piece called Landscape (2014): an installation that invites the public to penetrate an unusual and mysterious environment. The viewer is facing a constant and dense landscape of fog that forbids any visibility. Fouad Bouchoucha, inspired by the unachieved novel Le Mont Analogue (1944) by René Daumel, is thus using the imagination of each individual stepping in the installation. Landscape is a work that operates as a time catalyst and it uses to memory of its viewers; a landscape of images from the past, invisible to the naked eye, but tangible for the viewer.
To kickstart the exhibition, there will be a grand opening on Thursday July 3rd, hosted by Hendrik Folkerts (Curator, Stedelijk Museum). There will also be a lecture by Jean de Loisy, Director of Palais de Tokyo, and an interview with artist Fouad Bouchoucha by curator Rebecca Lamarch-Vadel. Additionally, Palais de Tokyo will organize one of their infamous nightly parties at Trouw.
More about the opening night.
Trouw Invites... will open her doors at 20.30 on July 3rd.
Program Trouw Invites..
- July 3 to August 3 – Trouw Invites… Palais de Tokyo: Fouad Bouchoucha (1981, Marseille, France)
- September 4 to October 5 – Trouw Invites… Beirut: Rayyane Tabet (1983, Ashqout, Lebanon)
- November 6 to November 30 – Trouw Invites… New Museum: AUNT Performance Collective (New York)
The serie Trouw Invites... follows the successful program of Stedelijk at Trouw, a series of exhibitions and performances originated from the already existing bond between Stedelijk Museum and TrouwAmsterdam.