The Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam is the largest museum for modern and contemporary art and design in the Netherlands, with well-known names in the collection and a rich, engaging exhibition programme ranging from popular exhibitions to presentations spotlighting young artists and designers. Over the last 125 years Stedelijk Museum has built a great reputation as a platform for world class artists often presented early in their career. The Stedelijk Museum has its roots in Amsterdam, reaches out to national and international audiences and, with 660,000 visitors a year, is among the five best-visited museums in the Netherlands.
Within the collection management department, the team time-based media is responsible for managing the time-based media collection, including audio visual as well as performance art, through research, as well as preventive and interventive conservation measures.
Within the time-based media team the Stedelijk Museum is looking for a
Coordinator time-based media
(36 hours a week)
As a time-based media coordinator you ensure that the time-based media collection is kept in optimum conditions with a focus on preventive conservation measures. You, and by extension your team, also carries out interventive conservation measures for the time-based media collection with the aim of keeping the collection presentable now and in the future. You do so to the same level of quality within (current) technical possibilities. In addition, you and your team are responsible for the installation and maintenance of time-based media artworks while on display. You work closely with the teams depot, building management, exhibition building, project management, and with the curator time-based media.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- has a relevant university education, such as a conservation degree, or has equivalent knowledge through work experience in this field;
- has knowledge and skills in the field of time-based media conservation;
- has experience with conducting independent research;
- has experience in attracting external funding for conservation research projects;
- is able to lead a small team;
- has experience with planning and managing projects;
- has a good command of the Dutch and English language in speech and writing (or is prepared to learn Dutch).
You also have the following qualities:
- you have an affinity with the museum's collection;
- you are solution oriented;
- you are flexible;
- you are a team player;
- you take initiative and are proactive;
- you have an eye for detail and quality;
- you can work independently and work well with colleagues and external parties;
- you have good communication skills;
- You have a professional network in the world of time-based media art and conservation.
Stimulating diversity in the broadest sense (viewpoint, cultural background, age, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, etc.) is fundamental to the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam. We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society. This is reflected in our selection procedure.
The successful candidate will initially be offered a one-year employment contract. Depending on education and experience, the salary is between EUR 3.099 and EUR 4.053 gross per month for a full working week (scale 10), excluding holiday allowance and year-end bonus, in accordance with the Museum CLA.
For more information about this position, please contact Anna Bülow, head of Collection Management, via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this position, you can submit your resume and motivation letter until no later than 26 April 2020 via the application button at the bottom right of this page.
Applications are to be sent by e-mail only. Application letters sent through standard mail will not be dealt with