The health and safety of our visitors and staff always comes first. By following our safety and hygiene protocol, and that of the National Institute for Public Health and Environment (RIVM), your visit to the museum is as safe and enjoyable as possible. Please read the guidelines before your visit so you know what you can expect from us and what we expect from you. That way, we can all work together to provide everyone with a great visitor experience.
Thank you and welcome back!
If you’d like to visit us and can’t, we’re still offering our online program. Take a look at our Stedelijk at Home page. We have virtual tours, workshop, mini-documentaries, and lots more for you to enjoy at home.
The 6 feet Museumprotocol counts as a temporary addition to the term and conditions for visitors. It is published here on our website and at various points throughout the museum. The Museumprotocol contains the following;
The 6 feet protocol: what are we doing to make your visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible?
These are the most important measures:
- We are allowed to have a maximum of 500 visitors at the museum at the same time. To offer our visitors a comfortable amount of space, we admit 40 people every 15 minutes. That is why currently it is mandatory to reserve a time slot on a specific date by buying an online ticket through the museum website. This also applies to people with a Museumkaart. Please bring your Museum Card or Membership when you visit the museum. At the moment, you cannot buy a ticket in the museum. We can only allow visitors with a valid entrance ticket into the museum.
- Come alone or with your household. A household is defined as: a married couple who are not separated, a registered partner or other life partner and parents, grandparents, and children if they are registered with the municipality as living at the same address. To comply with the 1.5-meter social distancing rule, we are not offering group packages or tours at the moment.
- To minimize unnecessary contact during your visit, you can scan your own ticket, and use an unsupervised cloakroom, (space is limited so please bring few belongings). We have also removed headphones and other equipment from the exhibitions. All purchases in the museum shop must be paid for using your credit or debit card or mobile phone.
- We have taken a number of hygiene measures to protect visitors and staff. Please use the hand sanitizer provided in central areas. We are also following a more intensive cleaning protocol.
- The museum has a lot of space. Clear routes have been marked out to make sure you can stay at the required distance from other visitors and museum staff.
- A limited number of visitors can be admitted per gallery. This is clearly mentioned, and our staff is on hand to make sure that the visitors can maintain the required safety distance in the galleries.
- It is allowed to take pictures of make videos for personal use
What do we expect from you?
Before your visit
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, a fever and/or shortness of breath, stay at home. You and members of your household are welcome when you have been free of symptoms for 24 hours. For symptoms check the RIVM through this link.
- Order your ticket and time slot through the website before your visit. You are not permitted to enter the museum if you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, coughing, or shortness of breath. If you are, please contact the museum by phone to change your time slot. if you're not able to come for any other reasons, please contact us via email@example.com so we can offer your time slot to someone else.
- Come alone or with a maximum of 2 people who are members of the same household. A household is defined as: a married couple who are not separated, a registered partner or other life partner and parents, grandparents, and children if they are registered with the municipality as living at the same address. To comply with the 1.5 metre social distancing rule, we are not offering group packages or tours at the moment.
- Bring as few belongings as possible. You may not bring backpacks and/or weekend cases into the museum. The museum does not provide the use of lockers, and the unsupervised cloakroom is only suitable for small items of luggage. Handbags are permitted in the museum galleries (max. size A3).
- Avoid using public transport. Walk, cycle, or come by car.
In the museum
- Arrive at the specified time of your time slot.
- When you are outside, and inside, the museum please stay 1.5 meters away from visitors who are not members of your household. In the museum, always follow the specially marked routes.
- Follow the specially marked routes.
- Try not to touch anything.
- Pay using your credit or debit card or mobile phone.
- To make sure everyone can move freely and observe social distancing, taking photos or making video recordings is not permitted at the moment.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow. Use paper tissues and dispose of them afterward.
- Always follow the hygiene measures and instructions of museum staff and volunteers.
- Be polite and friendly to other people, and respect the situation.
By visiting the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam you agree with the amended measures that supplement our visitor's terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please email us at reserveringen@stedelijk. Temporary measures, terms and conditions are subject to change. Updates will be communicated on this page and in the (online) terms and conditions for visitors. Do you have any questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’re probably wondering what your visit to the museum will be like in the near future. Will audio tours be available? Will you have to follow a fixed route? To find answers to these and other questions, check out our FAQ page.
Go to our FAQ page