We want to make your visit to the museum as safe and enjoyable as possible. That is why we ask you to follow our safety and hygiene protocol, and that of the National Institute for Public Health and Environment (RIVM). Please read our guidelines below to be up to date about our latest measures. In line with government measures, it’s necessary to book your ticket with time slot online before you visit the museum. Museum visitors will also need to show a coronavirus entry pass. In the museum and museum shop, wearing a face mask is compulsory.
Thank you in advance and we hope to see you soon!
We kindly ask you to keep a 1.5m distance from other visitors and our museum staff. Hand sanitizers are placed throughout the museum.
Our visit & Safety guidelines count as a temporary addition to the term and conditions for visitors. It is published here on our website and at various points throughout the museum. The museum is open daily from 10 am - 5 pm.
The guidelines contain the following;
What are we doing to make your visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible?
These are the most important measures:
- In line with government measures, museum visitors will need to show a coronavirus entry pass. This applies to everyone aged 13 and over. You can get a QR code based on a proof of vaccination, proof of recovery, or based on a negative test result less than 24 hours old. Visitors from countries that don’t use an EU Digital COVID Certificate need to be tested beforehand via Testen voor Toegang, and use CoronaCheck to convert their test result into a valid COVID Certificate. We will scan your QR code when you arrive and check it against your ID. Please have your QR code and ID ready at the entrance. More info: stedelijk.nl/COVID-certificate
- In line with government measures, it’s necessary again to book your ticket with timeslot online before your visit to the museum.
- We kindly ask you to keep 1.5m distance from other visitors and our museum staff.
- Wearing a facemask is compulsory again.
- We have taken a number of hygiene measures to protect visitors and staff. Please use the hand sanitizer provided in central areas. We are also following a more intensive cleaning protocol.
- The museum does not provide the use of lockers, and the cloakroom is only suitable for small items of luggage.
- Purchases in the museum shop are possible (contactless) using your credit or debit card, mobile phone, or cash.
- It is allowed to take pictures or make videos for personal use
What do we expect from you?
Before your visit
- Book a ticket with a timeslot.
- We will scan your QR code when you arrive and check it against your ID. Please have your QR code and ID ready at the entrance.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, a fever and/or shortness of breath, stay at home. You and members of your household are welcome when you have been free of symptoms for 24 hours. For symptoms check the RIVM through this link. Your tickets will stay valid for a year. You can easily set your ticket to another date through our ticketshop. Choose the option "I already have a valid entrance ticket".
- Bring as few belongings as possible. You may not bring backpacks and/or weekend cases into the museum. The museum does not provide the use of lockers. The cloakroom is only suitable for small items of luggage. Handbags are permitted in the museum galleries (max. size A3).
In the museum
- When you are outside, and inside, the museum please keep 1.5m distance from visitors who are not members of your group and from museum staff.
- Wear a face mask when moving from A to B.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow. Use paper tissues and dispose of them afterward.
- Always follow the hygiene measures and instructions of museum staff and volunteers.
- Preferably pay using your credit or debit card or mobile phone.
- Be polite and friendly to other people, and respect the situation.
- If you only want to visit the museum shop, you don't need an entrance ticket, but a coronavirus entry pass is mandatory.
By visiting the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam you agree with the amended measures that supplement our visitor's terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please email us at reserveringen@stedelijk. Temporary measures, terms and conditions are subject to change. Updates will be communicated on this page and in the (online) terms and conditions for visitors. Do you have any questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stedelijk at Home
If you’d like to visit us but can’t, we’re still offering our online program. Take a look at our Stedelijk at Home page. We have virtual tours, workshop, mini-documentaries, and lots more for you to enjoy at home.