The health and safety of our visitors and staff always comes first. By following our safety and hygiene protocol, and that of the National Institute for Public Health and Environment (RIVM), your visit to the museum is as safe and enjoyable as possible. You do not need any covid passport to visit the museum. Please read our guidelines below to be up to date about our latest measures. Thank you in advance!
It is not compulsory for visitors to wear a face mask in the museum. Of course, the use of a face mask is allowed.
Our visit & Safety guidelines count as a temporary addition to the term and conditions for visitors. It is published here on our website and at various points throughout the museum. The museum is open daily form 10 am - 6 pm and until 8 pm on Fridays.
The guidelines contain the following;
What are we doing to make your visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible?
These are the most important measures:
- We have taken a number of hygiene measures to protect visitors and staff. Please use the hand sanitizer provided in central areas. We are also following a more intensive cleaning protocol.
- The museum does not provide the use of lockers, and the cloakroom is only suitable for small items of luggage.
- Purchases in the museum shop are possible (contactless) using your credit or debit card, mobile phone, or cash.
- It is allowed to take pictures or make videos for personal use
What do we expect from you?
Before your visit
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, a fever and/or shortness of breath, stay at home. You and members of your household are welcome when you have been free of symptoms for 24 hours. For symptoms check the RIVM through this link. Your tickets will stay valid for a year. You can easily set your ticket to another date through our ticketshop. Choose the option "I already have a valid entrance ticket".
- Bring as few belongings as possible. You may not bring backpacks and/or weekend cases into the museum. The museum does not provide the use of lockers. The cloakroom is only suitable for small items of luggage. Handbags are permitted in the museum galleries (max. size A3).
In the museum
- When you are outside, and inside, the museum please keep your distance from visitors who are not members of your group.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow. Use paper tissues and dispose them afterwards.
- Always follow the hygiene measures and instructions of museum staff and volunteers.
- Preferably pay using your credit or debit card or mobile phone.
- Be polite and friendly to other people, and respect the situation.
By visiting the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam you agree with the amended measures that supplement our visitor's terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please email us at reserveringen@stedelijk. Temporary measures, terms and conditions are subject to change. Updates will be communicated on this page and in the (online) terms and conditions for visitors. Do you have any questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stedelijk at Home
If you’d like to visit us but can’t, we’re still offering our online program. Take a look at our Stedelijk at Home page. We have virtual tours, workshop, mini-documentaries, and lots more for you to enjoy at home.