Theory — 19 May 2019
- Museum ticket + 3EU
- Teijin Auditorium
- 19 May 2019, 3 pm until 5 pm
- Main language
Anne Ruygt (1988) is an art historian and curator of photography. She is involved with various cultural institutions, including the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, Nederlands Fotomuseum, Paradox, and DuPho, and has previously done projects with Tate, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, FOMU, Marres, Z33, and Unseen. In recent years she has (co-)curated exhibitions such as Welkom Today (Stedelijk, 2019), Currents #6 (Marres, 2018–2019), Ai Weiwei (FOMU, 2017), Bernadette Corporation (Stedelijk, 2016), Addition – Gift Pieter and Marieke Sanders (Stedelijk, 2015), and On the Move – Stories in contemporary photography and graphic design (Stedelijk, 2014–2015). Together with Frits Gierstberg she published the anthology Between art and document: Photography criticism in the Netherlands 1980–2015 (nai010) in 2016.
This Sunday Seminar is organized in conjunction with Welkom Today and X25 – The next 25 years of storytelling. The latter is a series of discussions and reflections on recent developments in documentary photography and its future practice. Paradox, a producer of multi-platform documentary projects, is organizing various events in 2019 and 2020 to mark its 25th anniversary.
- Welcome and introduction - Anne Ruygt (exhibition curator)
- Presentation - Susan Meiselas (photographer and a.o. director of the Magnum Foundation)
- Conversation - Ad van Denderen, Lebo Tlali, Khalid Amakran and Susan Meiselas, moderated by Anne Ruygt
- End of the plenary program, to exhibition galleries
- End of the program
- Museum closes